Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas knitting

I did do a bit of knitting for Christmas this year.  This is a felt tote that I made for my wonderful mother-in-law:


The yarn is Rowan Scottish Tweed Chunky,  with various wools for the needle felting, and Grayson E. leather handles.  I love how adding the handles and a little bit of embellishment can finish it off.  






The matching Christmas hats were meant for father and daughter, but I knew even while I was knitting that Pete wouldn't really wear his.  That explains why I got to model it here!  The yarn is Cascade 220 wool, solid red and cream, and one of the Handpaints for the green.  The colorwork is just a simple slip-stitch pattern.  I think they came out quite cute!  Audrey never did get a pom-pom, but I will add one for next year.  It should still fit her with a mild elastic adjustment.  

4 comments:

Gudrun Johnston said...

These are gorgeous knits Kate! How exactly did you achieve such detail on the rose?

Paula K said...

I KNEW I want to learn to needle felt! Great projects, Kate!

Annie said...

Love Audrey's hat!

KTMay said...

GREAT hats! You gals are just precious!