Sunday, February 3, 2008

sweet treats


"Do you like my new leggings?"
I made these for Audrey this morning.  I felted an old sweater in the machine, and cut these little legwarmers from the sleeves.  The sweater was wool, angora, and 10% nylon, but still felted well.  They came out so cute and soft!  Now I just need to decide what to make with the rest of the sweater.  Toys?  Tea cozy?  Baby hat?



I've been knitting too.  I finished this first Neopolitan Sock a couple of weeks ago.  It is knit with solid brown and variegated pink Aussie Sock.  (ravelry)
I knit one round plus one stitch for each stripe, making the jog swirl around the sock.  I finished with a star toe shaping, which I think came out a bit short.  I'll do something different when I finish the second one, then rip the first and reknit.  Any suggestions besides the plain old "flat toe with kitchener"?

7 comments:

Paula K said...

The leg warmers for Baby Sweetness are recycling at its best! So cute.

Is the sock color my favorite, "Faded Valentine"? They look so cozy.

eileen? said...

love that girl!

rarabecca said...

was that sweater an accidental felting or on purpose?

That sock pattern is soo cool what a nice neat way to make the switching of colors noticeable in a good way.

Let me know when you get Dream in Color smooshy in your store so I can come down and by some :)

Gudrun Johnston said...

Yes very cute and good use of felted sweaters! Love the swirly sock too..I'm afraid I can't suggest a different toe as I'm not a very experienced sock knitter myself (yet...although I am working on a pair right now too)

AmyO said...

LOVE seeing the cutie Audrey....do I see hair on her head???? Time for a bow??? lol

Love the socks too!!!

AmyO said...

LOVE seeing the cutie Audrey....do I see hair on her head???? Time for a bow??? lol

Love the socks too!!!

Roberta said...

Seeing You, Pete, and AUDREY on Sunday was great! Audrey is so amazingly cute and huggable- and so much fun! Oh, and those striped socks are fabulous! Love the colors.