Monday, October 22, 2007

The post I SHOULD have done three weeks ago!

Yes, I'm alive. AND I got a new computer, so I can get back to blogging again. Yippee! Did you miss me?

First things first- I'm on Ravelry! My name there is Kate Jackson Knits. If you go check it out, don't be too dissapointed in the total lack of projects. I'll have a photo shoot soon and get more things up there.

I got new furniture at the shop: two new couches and a coffee table, and I brought a hutch from my in-laws too. You can see them in these pictures from the alpaca yarn tasting.





We had a blast sampling different alpaca yarns - I can't wait to do another one! I've already done bamboo and alpaca - any suggestions for the next "featured fiber"?



This is a progress photo of my Acidic Seed Stitch purse. I designed this pattern for the Fall Knitscene, where I used a yellow Blue Sky Alpaca yarn. This one is Cascade Tuscany, a super-chunky wool. I am going to add a leather handle (new at the shop!) and line it with something pretty.




This is my Fair Isle Pillow, which I did a class on this past month. It is knit with only two yarns: Lamb's Pride worsted in light grey, and Noro Kureyon, a self-striper that makes it look like I did more work than I did!

I'm kind of on a Kureyon kick with this and the Lizard Ridge. Sooo . . . .




The man in brown brought us a present!




Ten new colors of Kureyon! Yippeeeee!

Now I just need to find more knitting time! I can blog with Audrey on my lap, but knitting doesn't really work that way.

Speaking of Audrey . . .



She wanted to model this darling knitting basket for you. She wants you to know that the lining is very soft and yarn-friendly. Hey, you didn't expect this long of a post WITHOUT her, did you?

4 comments:

rarabecca said...

Did you put that yarn tasting in a news letter? If you did I didn't get it. Hmm. So sad :( Well anyway I would love to buy one of the bags of yarn goodies if any are still available.

eileen? said...

oh my goodness, loved to see the new yarns, but loved even more seeing my niece Audrey!! I haven't seen her in about two months, how adorable, shes grown so much since I've seen her!! cant wait to visit!

AmyO said...

Kate~
That's great you included the man in brown to your pictures :-) Also that Audrey is a real cutie pie!!! She looks very happy in the tote bag! What brand are those bags? She has your dimples! Today I am going to knit up the alpaca suri merino paint...those socks are on the back burner again! it's a it nip in TN today!

KTMay said...

KATE! I found you! I was looking up the store hours for a lady on RAVELRY, and I found your blog! Wooohooo! I'm Karen, from the Toledo/Bowling Green area! My mom lives around the corner from you guys! Remember me?

In any case....I FOUND YOU! Say hi to Shelly for me...please! Audrey is GORGEOUS! I haven't been in your shop since April...I miss you guys!