Friday, August 22, 2008

Breakwall

Hey folks!  Sorry I've left this blog for so long.  Thanks to all those who still check it anyway!  

I may not have been blogging, but I HAVE been knitting.  I just finished this sweater last week:



It's knit in two pieces, a left half and right half, from cuff to center.  Seams at center front, center back, and side/under sleeve, leaving slits at side hems and front neck.  The main color is knit in garter stitch, with the contrast color in stockinette.  I hope to have the pattern for Breakwall sized and ready soon!




Yarn: Rowan Cotton Jeans
MC 361 Jute
CC 360 Canvas

Needles: Size 8 bamboo circs

6 comments:

Magpie said...

Wow, I love it! The color and tunic-y reference reminds me of one of your very first designs...do you remember back in high school when you stitched together that light olive green corduroy tunic? It had an awesome neckline, bell sleeves (I think) and was very flattering on you! This pattern looks like something I'd be able to attempt, too. Beautiful!

Bibliocat said...

It is so cute! I am looking forward to the pattern. I love three quarter length sleeve sweaters.

FYI, I bought wool yarn and pattern for a felted purse for an Xmas present for my sister. I have finished the pattern and now have to get up the gumption to felt it. This is my first (on purpose) felting project. I love the pattern. I had a bit of yarn left over so I thought I would make a little catch-all and sunglasses case to go with it.
Thank you for the encouragement to try felting. Sheryl

rarabecca said...

love the sweater it looks really fun to knit up. If I wasn't working on 3 other sweaters I would want to cast on right now :).

BTW I haven't seen you in a while the hair cut is cute!

Magpie said...

I agree with Rarabecca! Cute haircut!

AmyO said...

dito dito dito!!! Glad you are back to blogging....and the haircut is cute ;-)
The sweater fits you like a glove...wish I could knit like that. Wish I could hang out there too!! Miss you all terribly!!

Roberta said...

I love that sweater on you, Kate! You look fabulous.