Tuesday, November 13, 2007

awesome Aussie

We got two new yarns from Oasis Yarns at the shop! This is Aussie Wool:



It is a chunky super-soft Australian wool. I have already knit a swatch with it for my Fall 2008 Knitscene submissions. I love working with it. It is also great for chunky ribbed scarves, like the ones I have made held with two strands of mohair. So soft and cuddly!

This is Aussie Sock:



I haven't knit with this yet, but I am really looking forward to it. There are solid and handpainted variegated colors, and one hank should make a pair of socks. Audrey especially likes the purple/pink combination. The pictures really don't do the colors justice. You'll just have to come check them out for yourself!

2 comments:

rarabecca said...

woohoo aussie yarn! It is very soft but I am currently working on like 5 projects and won't be able to make anything with them for a while.

KTMay said...

Very snuggly and smooshy lookin!