Tuesday, November 6, 2007

the October Pillow

The pillow is finished!



You can see it in person at the shop, along with several other versions by customers and Shelly. This project has been a hit! It's a great intro to stranded knitting, and works up quickly without shaping.

We had our first snow today, and the roads actually got a bit slushy by afternoon. I pulled out some of my toasty winter accessories to keep my extremities warm, but I can't help thinking about knitting some new ones!

I've also been inspired to knit these. Thanks Supers!





See more about this designer, Jean Greenhowe, including some free patterns, here. I hope to get her pattern booklets in the shop soon. Happy knitting!

2 comments:

KTMay said...

Wow! A knitted nativity scene...just wow! I must admit....it's pretty cool. The baked beans and peapod are adorable as well!

Now let us discuss that pillow! You have the pattern at the shop? How much? Still happy to mail anything to Whitehouse, OH???

rarabecca said...

well that does it now I HAVE to make a pillow with some self striping yarn. This is great so thanks for the idea!