Monday, November 5, 2007

warm the hearth

We got a new woodstove last weekend! I documented the process, just like the good little blogger I am.

Pete is setting up stove and chimney placement here. Plumb line courtesy of Cascade 220, thank you very much.



What would he have done without the yarn stash? Unsurprisingly, my help pretty much ended here. I spent the next few hours biting my nails as they cut a hole in the roof.

My husband is very clever in finding many uses for his tractor. When tackling a project like this, it can serve multiple purposes. It can replace a pickup truck and the arms of four strong men:



It can also be used as a very stable ladder. (or a jungle gym)



By the end of the day, we had a cozy corner of the living room where the TV used to be. Now where did I put my knitting?

3 comments:

rarabecca said...

there is something about fire that makes me want to knit. I don't know what it is :)

KTMay said...

OH WOW! The house looks great! The fire looks great! You're makin' me homesick!

OMGoodness...do those men folk KNOW how lucky they are that you are a KNITTER? What in the WORLD would they have done without your yarn stash?!?!?!?!?!

Mom's hubby, Doug, is a tractor addict...he drives his Kubota up and down the street and finds many uses for IT as well! Those tractor boys have sumfin special in their blood!

eileen? said...

ooh cant wait to see the new addition to the house!