Tuesday, November 20, 2007

it's still not cold enough for a coat!

The November Ruffle is finished! I wove in the ends this morning and gave it a bit of steam before wearing it all day. Every girl should have a wrap like this; warm, soft, and comfortable while being pretty and elegant at the same time.



Sorry about the self-portrait. I cropped out the basket of clean laundry in the background.

Yesterday, I made a lining for my seed stitch purse.



When choosing the fabric, I had a couple of more subdued options picked, but then I thought, "If I get THIS, I will smile every time I open my purse!" It not only had sheep, cows, and pigs, but they are all wearing patchwork quilts! Too cute!

Still to do: sew the lining into the purse, find and attach a button, and finish sewing on the leather handle.

6 comments:

Gudrun Johnston said...

That wrap does look deliciously warm and cozy! Cute purse too!

Magpie said...

I love the fun lining! Since it's inside the purse, it can be as crazy as you want it to be :-)

Unknown said...

I love the wrap. Cozy enough to use all winter, especially when one is sitting still knitting.
Enjoying your blog since I don't get to visit the shop often enough..

AmyO said...

Awesome wrap....and good picture of you too Kate. Now what is on the needles for you to "whip up"?

rarabecca said...

well it is definitely cold enough now. Cute wrap!

Jacey said...

I love your seed stitch purse. The lining is so much fun. This is on my list of things to make, and I hope I can find an equally fun fabric to line mine with.